Join us to get the latest on local labels, artists, musicians, venues, events and deals. Kansas Cities Musical footprint in history will never be unknown. Come join us through that old path and see if you can keep up into the future.

Friday

Song Review: NEW RELEASE; ☆Significance by Emerald Aquarium

How I Found My New Friend Mad Max:
     So there I was, posting in a Facebook group, asking if somebody would like me to do a song review. Sure enough Maximus Mayhew sends me a message and his new release.  Like any self titled, decent blogger doing a review I wanted a little bit of a background of Mr. Mayhew and his musical influences, his personal style, and try to get into his skin for a minute. Holy shit, was that a mistake!! LMFAO, I'm actually just kidding....kinda. We will get to his new release in a minute. 
Crazy Style Gets Crazy Reviews:
I'd like to start by saying happy early birthday new friend (March 14) and I will now refer to you as Mad Max. Mad Max has been influenced by bands like Blink-182 and Sum 41 and you can hear it in songs such as Fruit Salad. Yes, it's exactly how it sounds. But then he states he is a little bit of everything including rap-core. By God he wasn't kidding. My description of Mad Maxs style would have to be this: Hollywood Undead had a baby with Bowling For Soup but was raised by the two uncles who refuse to come out of the closet but the whole family knows and doesn't care, but go by the names Tenacious D and Body Count. It may sound like a turn off to some but I'm telling you I LOVE IT! Check out Letz Get Crunk and tell me wrong. 
REVIEW:
  Now, Mad Maxs stage name, Emerald Aquarium released a new single February 5, 2021 by the name Significance. This acoustic, soft but hurried melody had me from the beginning. I immediately felt like I was on some epic quest trying to find an artifact of some sort.  After listening over and over this feeling never went away. My personal opinion, it was just that. A quest to find myself again. It tells a beautiful story of confusion, loneliness,  jealousy, and misunderstanding of one's self. I know every song means something else to everybody but I'm positive we all can get close. It has straight to the point lyrics, but still leaves you questioning yourself. With light taps and fast strums this song can find a place in everybody's hearts and leave you trying to work yourself through a situation like this: Am I having regrets because I left her? Did she leave me and I'm jealous of her 1relationship now? Am I only missing the feeling of having somebody, a partner, someone to be there? If I am over this than what truly is the significance of these feelings? 
CONCLUSION:
     I've got to be honest with Mad Maxs self produced Emerald Aquarium- Significance. This new release of his was phenomenal. Emerald Aquarium where their feelings on their sleeves and wears those sleeves with confidence.  This is my conclusion of 1-5, 1 being worst, 5 best:
This is a 4.1429/5. A well deserved personal score. I wish it meant more because this guy has talent. Don't forget to check out the song on my Spotify and show him some love at the following links. Don't forget to hit those shares, follows, tweets, and whatever else you got. Leave your opinions in the comments and send me a message in our contact page or Facebook messenger if you'd like a guest blog, song/album review, or your story told.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

KcM Feed

can subscribe to receive daily email with your newest content.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Spotify

TwitterFacebookLinkedInRSS FeedEmail


Popular Posts

Categories

band (4) genre (4) opinion (3) review (3) album (2) musician (2) promote (2) mental health (1) mood (1) studio (1) vinyl (1)

Blog Archive