Join us to get the latest on local labels, artists, musicians, venues, events and deals. Kansas Cities Musical footprint in history will never be unknown. Come join us through that old path and see if you can keep up into the future.

Saturday

And You Thought Glamour Metal Was Dead?! The Devil is a Friend of Mine by Venomous Rose NEW DEBUT AND REVIEW


 

The Devil is a Friend of Mine by Venomous Rose


    When Sam Fuller, the Bassist for Venomous Rose hit me up with their new debut "The Devil is a Friend of Mine", my first thought was "Running With the Devil" by Van Halen and my pre-destined thought were correct. These guys bring Hair Metal back and they do it perfectly with this debut.



    If you thought Hair/Glamour Metal was dead then think again. The lyrics to this song just take me back to my first concert my old man took me to when I was twelve, Ozzfest. The word flow is pristine. An amazing mixture of strong and simple words. They easily get their message across to the listener. What I pulled from these lyrics; Everyone has the devil to deal with in their lives in some shape or form so might as well embrace it, make friends with him/her, and roll n' roll with it. Take it to the max. Let your devil side come out and party on Garth. 



    Between the sick guitar solos, epic notes from the vocals, heavy and earthy bass, and the drums keeping the pulse, all I can do is see myself in a mosh pit throughout this whole song. I hope someday to see these guys live and make that happen. They are definitely a Year 2021 Twisted Sister. They brought sexy back from the 80's! The Lyric Video you can play below is a "South Park" style, a simple but creative future masterpiece in its works. The Devil is the cutest evil thing I've seen since binge-watching asshole cats attack owners just for petting them. Either way, I want to cuddle with both.






These guys overall rocked my socks off. Hell, if I was wearing underwear right now, probably those too. I will definitely give these guys a well-deserved 4.5/5 on my charts. You can view that below. Thank you, Sam Fuller and Venemous Rose for showing me that Hair Metal is not dead and keep on rocking. Most reviewed songs can be found on my Spotify Playlist found here. Head to that Contact Page if you'd like a review, guest blog, future podcast, or see something wrong with the site. Comment below and let me see what ya think. Make sure you guys hit that share button, follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms. Please subscribe to get the latest blogs and free stuff!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

KcM Feed

can subscribe to receive daily email with your newest content.

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Spotify

TwitterFacebookLinkedInRSS FeedEmail


Popular Posts

Categories

band (4) genre (4) opinion (3) review (3) album (2) musician (2) promote (2) mental health (1) mood (1) studio (1) vinyl (1)

Blog Archive